Sunday, March 10, 2013

Eternal Love

This morning I went for a jog with my classmate kismera..she said that she gained 6-7kg during our semester break..wah gila la..I wonder kat mana lemak2 tu tersimpan?haha..I only gained like 1-2kg hihihi...itu pon after our trip to JB..kalau kat rumah kami konsep makan kais pagi makan pagi....makan nasi satu hari sekali je..lauk satu je..itu pon kena catu coz takut either one of us tak dapat makan sebab lauk habis...so of course la excited bila dihidang makan banyak kan...So yesterday I already went for a jog alone..lebih puas la coz I manage to finished half dari satu bulatan untuk orang yang da lama tak jog kira membanggakan juga la untuk diri sendiri...bila temankan kis g jog serupa jalan je..100m jog and the rest was only walking..camno nak kurus ni kis...

Deyh adlin banyak benar pendahuluan kau kan...so after our little 'jog' we went for breakfast nearby and kismera starts to tell stories about her granddad and his 4 marriages (bukan kahwin 4..tapi kahwin cerai) and her family business..I defined her as the Hilton of pulau perhentian coz the resort kat situ was built sejak zaman atoknya lagi and sekarang the management of the resort was taken in by her paklong...so by then I told her the story about how my grandma and granddad's marriage back in the late 1940's did not have her family's blessing...

My grandma's dad was the village chief and conquers many lands back then..he raised 8 children since her wife died when my grandma was 14 if I'm not mistaken..wan(panggilan nenek kami) was  the 3rd and the eldest daughter so she holds the responsibility of raising her siblings until they were successfully masuk university..respect la sama wan sebab that time not all people can get into college..but my great granddad banyak duit masa tu so thats a bonus la..so she sacrifices a lot for the family..the reason why she got married at the age of 22..zaman tu rasanya kalau kawen umo 22 da macam andartu kot... she chose to marry a policeman..family tok kani ( panggilan kami kat moyang..real name sheikh kani) memang terang2 dah tolak sebenarnya because the fact that my atok is just a policeman with minimal income...tok kani already had his own plans to arrange wan with one of his rakan pengaruh..aku agak confirm anak orang kaya la kan...duh obviously..

In detail I didn't know how it happened then but wan in the end did married atok...but because of that it has broke the family apart...its like wan's siblings accused her for being derhaka and not grateful of the life tok kani gave..but tak la macam drama sangat coz tok kani didn't disowned wan ...as I remember from mama, wan and atok had to live kat rumah pondok yang besar dia cam umah sewa aku kerat tiga sekarang...but years after their marriage...wan's siblings slowly starting to accept atok and atok started to open up his own business after his job retirement and manage to provide the family well enough..mama selalu cakap kalau setiap kali birthday adik beradik dia mesti diorang tak sabar nak  tunggu atok balik rumah bawak tin laici makan ramai2...tu kira macam dah mahal gila la sambut birthday dengan minum air laici..

But apart from all accepting  atok slowly there were two of wan's siblings that didn't care much..in fact saying that anak-anak wan ni pengaruh tak baik...but adik beradik mama peduli hape kan...main je sama2 coz rumah dah dekat2...and takkan wan nak halang kan...

So the person that I'm talking firstly is wan induk yeng(aku lupa nama betul dia) but I made a post last year that we went to her house in raub..click here kalau nak baca la... she was wan's only sister..I think yg ke 6 kot..so basically dia ni was the one that always blamed wan's mistake in marrying atok whenever wan kesusahan..she always forbid her children to ever get so close to wans children..siap cakap " anak2 zainab ni semua tak betul perangai". I only knew this from my aunts gossiping during our gathering at bangi..yea more like I was eavesdropping their conversation hehe...but mama said that their relationship between wan induk yeng's children are like very close like they somehow just ignore her warnings...yela mereka pon da besar dan isu ni pon dah lama so why bring it up until our 3rd generation?its not like a 7th generation curse macam mahsuri kan....and I know the whole story clearly when my 2nd cousin (wan induk yeng's grandson) told the whole story while I was in 1st year at UTeM..he was on his last year back then..sekarang dak fikri ni tengah sambung ambik PHD lagi uolls..gila la dia ni straight belajar..padahal masa sekolah kena tendang sekolah sains sebab curi underwear perempuan LOL...ok2 sambung cerita...so he told me that same story about our 'tok kani' family issues. He was on the same page as his dad so thats why he treated me like his very own sister sepanjang satu tahun aku kat situ..sampai mana2 lelaki yang nak kenal aku pon dia dok periksa haha...only her grandma can't tolerate...I think maybe until both of my grandparents passed away wan induk can only tolerate..and she did..yeay to that :p..

So moving on to the next sibling was tok teh...my mom told me that the last time she met tok teh when she was 15 years old..last year was the first time in 37 years she step into tok teh's house...I don't recall to whom I heard about the story but tok teh was the one that menentang habis wan's marriage. Sampai satu masa bila dia nak meninggal barulah dia panggil2 nama wan and nak minta maaf.. Itu yang saya dengar...so mama pon jarang2 cerita yang dia rapat ngan tok teh's children so I guess that the hashims weren't that close to tok tehs family..but either way we did visit the house and their family and wan teh did treat us well =)..yeay to that also heee....

What I learnt from this story is that...we always here cases where marriage didn't have parents blessing..we seldom hear about siblings blessings and anger about marriage that could ruin the family institution..even though wan did not chose a wealthy man as a husband, she did lived a joyful life with atok accompanied by 8 children..she did went through hardships with him...she passed away a year after atok on 2005...but for me the saddest part is when she didn't get a chance to reunite with her siblings...al-fatihah to arwah zainab and hashim...

haih if only I had a photo of atok and wan...yang lama kena scan tu ada kat kampung masih tergantung...so this is the best I got...
nampak tak tulisan kat baju tu?ha itu la event the hashims masa awal tahun 2011..at port dickson..a 3 days 2 night event fully organized by us...aku tak tahu ada point atau tak sebenarnya pic ni ngan post ni sebenarnya haha...ok randomness=adlin












No comments: